We’ve all heard the term “business development” thrown around. In reality, it can mean different things to different people, which is why we’re going to be crystal clear about exactly what we’re looking for in our ideal business developer.
If you think that being a superb business developer is only about finding more clients to whom to sell, then, boy, do we have news for you: It’s about way, way more than just that.
Here’s a checklist of must-haves we’re looking for in this role.
Open Positions Design Team Senior UX Designer UI Designer Web Designer Illustrator Motion Designer Development Team Technical Lead Web Developer Front-End Developer Craft CMS Developer Laravel Developer WordPress Developer QA Engineer Marketing Team SEO Specialist SEM Specialist Copywriter Content Writer Social Media Marketer Sales Team Business Developer
What’s Expected of You
- We want more clients because we want to grow. You determine how to provide more value to our current ones and also find us new, long-term ones.
- We’re always looking to expand our market share. You find out where our new clients are (both online and offline), and devise sure-fire plans to reach out to them.
- We want more and longer-term relationships. You initiate and nurture relationships founded on trust and respect to create mutually beneficial opportunities.
What You Bring to the Table
- You know how to close deals; it’s an extension of who you are as a person, it comes naturally to you, and you do it well.
- You’re a master researcher, able to determine who the decision-makers are at any organization, what their problems are, and how we can solve those problems.
- You know how to separate a good opportunity from just any opportunity by identifying what creates long-term value, how to get there, and the pros and cons of said pursuit.
- You understand what drives our business, as well as the businesses of our clients, partners and competitors.
- You have an intuitive understanding of networking and realize that closing deals requires deep relationships with clients, partners, and colleagues that can be leveraged at the right moment.
What You Know
- You have several years’ worth of digital-marketing and agency experience, managing new and existing accounts with great success.
- You’re an expert at creating and maintaining efficient systems, through which you process any and all opportunities that come up.
- You’re at ease working with our team or independently, creating presentations, pipeline reports, and evaluating the plausibility of proposals and contracts.
- You’re a master communicator, speaking and writing clearly and to the point.
- You’re the epitome of being well-organized, able to smoothly multi-task across several projects simultaneously.